(Updated March 29, 2020, 2020)
As COVID-19 outbreak has now become pandemic, the Ontario government (and City of Toronto) have declared a state of emergency and ordered the closure of all non-essential services starting March 25 for at least 14 days. SCBC has activated the following Contingency Plan to reduce the risks of exposure to COVID-19, which will be in effect until further notice.
- There will not be any onsite worship services. There will be live or pre-recorded streaming of the English, Cantonese Noon and Mandarin worship services, available from SCBC website – www.scbc.com.
- Children worship material will be uploaded online at SCBC website for parents to worship with their children between JK and Grade 6.
- All ministry programs/activities are suspended including fellowship and small group meetings, prayer meetings, Sunday School, choirs, children program, nursery, EarlyON child and family centre and all others. The church encourages and will offer technical support to ministry groups/teams to continue with their programs online thru teleconferencing and social media.
- Brothers and sisters are encouraged to join online prayers meetings for the different congregations thru video conference, and online daily/weekly devotion sharing. Please go to the following links:
- During these extraordinary times, the church building will be closed. Pastoral and administrative staff will normally work from home but will be available to provide pastoral care and administrative support when required. They can be reached through their office phone extensions by leaving a voice message.
- Should any brothers/sisters have any prayer requests or need any support, or have any suggestions re: COVID-19 precautions, they are most welcome to contact a pastor (416-297-8011) or email email@example.com.
- Please as much as possible use online means for offering on the SCBC website. For enquiries, you can contact the church office (416-297-8011 press 0) and leave a message.
- Please check frequently the SCBC website (www.scbc.com) for new updates. Also, brothers/sisters are requested to send their email address to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive regular communication from the church.
- Please continue to adhere closely to personal and public hygiene practices, and requirements for self-quarantine; And stay home as much as possible. Despite the pandemic situation, we should not panic and should put our trust in God for His protection and provisions. We should stay more united as the body of Christ, see this as an opportunity to care for those who are in need, and to be more closely connected and support each other in prayers thru telephone, email and social media. Please keep praying for the pandemic to get under control, and for the patients, medical staff and the body of Christ being infected.