In the midst of difficult times, the church is to be the light of the world, extending and embodying God’s love, grace, and presence in practical ways. This includes special attention toward the needs of those who are most at risk and vulnerable in our midst. As a church, we strive to serve to the best of our ability to offer physical help to those most affected by the recent pandemic.
If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.
~ 1 John 3:17-18 ~
GROCERY PURCHASE & DELIVERY SUPPORT
Are you are in need of help with grocery purchases and delivery? Let us walk with you and help…..you are not alone.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (English & Chinese languages are supported) or call 416 297 8011 to leave a message and tell us what you need!
SCBC is dedicated to supporting:
- those who are quarantined, or
- those who cannot leave their home due to health restrictions in this time of COVID-19 with tangible support of purchasing basic goods or pick up of medication and/or completing online order as needed.
Who is SCBC supporting?
SCBC is supporting individuals that fall under one of the following categories:
- If you are a member and/or an attendee of SCBC that is in self-quarantined and you need access to basic necessities such as groceries and over the counter medicine.
- If you are a member and/or an attendee of SCBC that is in self-quarantined and you do not have access to friends or family that can deliver necessary goods.
- If you know of friends, or family or individuals within the community whom you have a connection with, who are self-quarantined and/or need support.
Who should be self-quarantined?
Anyone who has been identified by the Canadian government to self-quarantine:
- At-risk population
- aged 65 and over
- with compromised immune systems
- with underlying medical conditions
- Is currently or recently sick or has been in close contact with someone sick or currently sick
- Has recently travelled outside of Ontario within 14 days and/or has been in close contact with someone who has recently travelled outside of Ontario within 14 days
What can I expect?
A volunteer will reach out to you through telephone in your preferred language. The volunteer will engage in the following procedure:
- A volunteer will start a phone call with the member to explore the use of services such as Instacart or PC express to get groceries delivered. If they are unable to use such platforms (ie. technological barriers and language barriers), proceed to step 2.
- Volunteers will call member-in-need to go over with them the predetermined list to see what items are needed. The member-in-need and volunteer will together select a payment method.
- A volunteer will go purchase the items on the determined list (either in person or through the use of a technology application).
- Volunteers will drop off the item outside the doorstep of the quarantined individual. If the individual lives in an apartment, the volunteer will bring it to their apartment unit. The volunteer will call the member-in-need to let them know the requested items have been delivered.
- Volunteers will take a picture of the receipt for their own keeping and will also include the receipt with the delivered goods individual.
- The member-in-need will then pay the volunteer through the selected method (note if using cash, please leave it at the door). If financial aid is required, please indicate to the core team to discuss those details.
PRAYER & CARE
If you, your family member and/or friends are need of prayer or care from Pastors, Deacons and Leaders, Jesus calls upon us to gather together and join in prayer.
“And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.” Ephesians 6:18
Please contact email@example.com (English & Chinese languages are supported) or call 416 297 8011 to leave a message and we will connect with you.